Barry has been the senior pastor since March 2019. Previously, he served as an associate pastor, campus pastor as well as student pastor over the past 20 years. His ministry experience has taken him from Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and Ohio.
On June 5, 2020, tragedy struck the Peters family as Barry's wife, Laura unexpectedly passed away from cardiac arrest in their home. Laura was 41 years old. Laura and Barry had been married 14.5 years. Click here to view her beautiful Celebration of Life.
Fun facts about Barry:
- Barry doesn't eat fruit.
- Barry rode in a car that reached 130mph (on a police ride-along).
- Barry graduated from Trinity Baptist College in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Barry has bungie-jumped from a crane at a state fair (never again).
- Barry and Laura have one son, Davis who is 11 years old.
- Barry and Davis love road trips.
- Barry enjoys reading books on leadership and ministry.
- Barry would be a police officer or a PGA Tour caddy if he wasn't in ministry (two odd choices, huh?).