Christie has been serving as the Interim Kids Director since mid-December 2019; however, she has been attending Main Street since 1992. Christie just retired from public education as of January 1, 2020 and has 29 1/2 years experience as an educator. Her roles have included teaching a 3rd-4th grade split class, 7th-12th grade English Language Arts and Social Studies, and Special Education and Gifted and Talented. Christie's most recent position was serving as an assistant principal. Christie has also been involved in various aspects of kids ministry at Main Street.
Fun facts about Christie:
- Christie has been married to Rodney since May 12, 1990. They have 2 sons, Ryan(married to Tia) and Adam (married to Jana), and 4 granddaughters- Tenley, Kate, Avery, and Claire. She and Rodney also have a dog named Molly.
- Christie loves photography and scrapbooking. She also enjoys using her Cricut.
- One of Christie's favorite past times is spending time with family and friends.
- Christie loves to travel! She has been to Israel, France, England, Greece, Italy, the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Caracao to name a few but can't wait to see more of God's beautiful creation!
- Christie has her motorcycle license and used to have her own 1600 Road Star.
- Christie has been skydiving once - it was an awesome experience, but she probably won't do it again!
- Christie has her certification in 7-12 ELA and Social Studies, 5-8 ELA and Social Studies, K-12 Special Education, Instructional Leadership, Director of Pupil Personnel, Director of Special Education, Instructional Supervisor, and Superintendent; she loves learning!