We're hiring! Below is the ministry description/qualifications for the part-time children's ministries director. Please thoroughly read the ministry description in its entirety, then fill out the form below to apply. If you have any questions, please contact our Senior Pastor Barry Peters at [email protected]. Thank you!
Responsibilities for children's ministries director
▪ Participate in pastoral care to families with children.
• Strategically participate in local school/community events.
• Develop outreach initiatives to encourage the parents of children to relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic plan to engage parents of children in personal and family discipleship.
▪ Recruit, coordinate, train, and manage volunteers and be involved in MSBC’s varied ministries to children (i.e. Kid’s Avenue, Elevate, Bible DST, Whiz Kids).
▪ Recruit and develop leadership teams to assist in the planning, staffing, and implementation for Children’s ministries.
▪ Participate in ministry efforts alongside the Main Street Christian Education Center Early Education Director.
▪ Oversee the maintenance, update, repair, replacement of children’s ministry facilities, supplies, toys, etc.
▪ Develop and oversee a greeting/welcoming team for children’s ministry activities.
▪ Develop communication tools to engage families in children’s ministry activities; maintaining and advancing online communication tools (i.e. Facebook, Planning Center, Churchteams).
▪ Coordinate with the Student ministries to advance the transition from ‘Child’ to ‘Student’ within Main Street. *Children are persons birth through 6th grade.
▪ Submit an annual spending plan to the Stewardship Team.
▪ Attend weekly MSBC staff meetings.
The work of the Children’s Ministries Director will be supervised by the Senior Pastor.
Position Minimum Requirements
▪ Education: Must have at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational ministry experience.
▪ Experience: 1 to 2 years preferred
▪ Employment Status: Part time, non-exempt
Compensation Package / Benefits
▪ Starting Salary: $15-$20/hr (25-30 hours weekly)
▪ Reimbursable Expenses
Certain expenses incurred by the employee while working may be reimbursable through the church budget including but not limited to mileage and hospitality.
▪ Starting Vacation:
After first year - two (2) weeks annually (see employee manual for schedule).
INTERESTED? FILL OUT BELOW!