We're hiring! Below is the ministry description/qualifications for the full-time kid's ministries director. Please thoroughly read the ministry description in its entirety, then fill out the form below to apply. If you have any questions, please contact our team at [email protected]. Thank you!
Main Street Church is all about people knowing Jesus and making Him known.
We are a growing, flourishing church that is committed to being formed and shaped by the Word. By God’s grace our attendance has doubled in the last 9 months. We average 425 in our Sunday worship service with 90 kids birth-5th grade in Sunday Kid’s ministry and 70 kids birth-5th grade on Wednesday nights.
In every environment at Main Street, we are committed to declaring the Word, discipling the believer, and deploying the church on mission locally and globally.
The Main Street Kid’s Ministry Director is responsible for all aspects of our kids ministry that fosters the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through 5th grade. This includes, but is not limited to, the design and execution of Sunday and Wednesday programming, curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment/development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure successful, continuously improving kid’s ministry and annual special events.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), salaried role, with medical reimbursement and benefits. Salary will be discussed upon interview.
Job Description // KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, direction, and vision for all Main Street Kid volunteers, programming, and events.
- Work closely with Associate Pastor of Family Ministries to develop a comprehensive learning and discipleship environments that is cohesive with age-appropriate learning.
- Lead and develop a high-functioning volunteer leadership team in the operation of the ministry.
- Apply strong biblical standards and appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Main Street’s kids in curriculum selection, programming, milestones, classroom organization, etc.
- Along with the leadership team, recruit, train, and deploy new volunteers.
- Provide a welcoming, safe, fun, creative, and engaging environment for children.
- Help ensure the overall operations of Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights are meeting all expectations.
- Maintain high standards of child-related safety and security.
- Distribute family-specific communication, updates, and resources.
- Equip parents to be the primary disciple makers in the lives of their children and provide resources, tools, and support in that endeavor.
- Communicate and advocate for the needs of the children’s program to other staff and church leaders.
- Lead day-to-day and week-to-week operations of the ministry.
- Balance tasks and relational aspects of the role.
- Lead annual kids VBS, camp and other events as needed.
- Develop and oversee annual kids ministry budget.
- Robust, ongoing love for the Word of God and making disciples of the Jesus Christ.
- Deeply committed to the mission, vision, strategy and culture of Main Street Church.
- Strong in biblical conviction, character and competency.
- Be a high level leader who is able to get things done, catalyze, develop, and disciple new leaders, and inspire others to get things done.
- Have an ongoing commitment to continuing education and personal development through seminars, conferences, and classes.
- Extremely strong operationally, with a high attention to detail.
- Relationally warm, with strong communication skills.
- Flexible, driven, teachable, gracious.
- Ability to architect and implement processes, strategies, tactics and procedures across a wide variety of ministry categories.
- A deep commitment to collaboration with the other staff members of Main Street; including staff meetings, reading books together, eating together and sharing life together.
- Love of serving and desire to do whatever is needed to advance the mission of the church.
- Ability to connect with both kids and adults.
- Associates degree or greater preferred
COMPENSATION PACKAGE / BENEFITS
- A competitive salary to be agreed upon at employment.
- Full time, non-exempt
- Health medical reimbursement plan
- Reimbursable expenses – certain expenses incurred by the Employee while working may be reimbursable through the church budget
INTERESTED? Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]